Last updated: May 9, 2023
This Policy covers general rules for referring to Edusity and using trademarks, service marks, and logos that edusity may license to you (collectively, “edusity Marks”).
The following is a non-exhaustive list of edusity Marks:
- The Babb Group
- Professor’s services
Trademark guidelines for several edusity Marks are linked below. edusity reserves the right to change the terms of this Policy or any guidelines at any time, in its sole discretion, by posting the updated Policy or guidelines to the edusity website. To ask any questions about this Policy or to report any unauthorized use of Edusity Marks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
General Rule: Permission Required
As a rule, a trademark license is required in order to use any Edusity Mark. Except for the three exceptions outlined below, this Policy does not count as “permission to use” any trademarks, and there are no “open source” pre-approved use cases. To request permission to use any Edusity Mark, please email email@example.com
Without a separate trademark license:
- You may use Edusity Marks in text for the sole purpose of referring to or describing Edusity’s website, products, and services. For example: if you have a product or service that is compatible with the Edusity platform, you may use “ Edusity” to describe the compatibility, such as “runs on,” “for use on,” or “compatible with” the Edusity platform.
- If you use the Edusity platform:
- you should add the “Powered by Edusity” logo in the footer of each page of your website, and the logo should include a live link to the Edusity website. See the Powered by Edusity logo page for variants of this logo and instructions on how to add it to your instance; and
- you may use the “Powered by Edusity” logo on any course certificates or other credentials issued in connection with your instance in accordance with the Edusity trademark guidelines linked below.
- If you offer services and/or products that support the Edusity platform, you may use the “Edusity” word mark in the path of a URL for your website for such services and/or products. For clarity, this exception applies solely to (1) the “Edusity” word mark and not to any other Edusity Marks and (2) use in the path of a URL; you may not use the “Edusity” word mark or any other Edusity Mark in a website domain. For example:
Specifications for Use
All uses of Edusity Marks must comply with the applicable trademark guidelines and also:
Identify the Edusity marks.The above-listed Edusity Marks are registered by Edusity or the applicable trademark owner in a number of countries around the world. For the first and most prominent usage of the above-listed Edusity Marks in any context, use the symbol "®" after the Edusity Mark as a notice to third parties of the trademark owner’s rights in these Edusity Marks.
Include a trademark attribution statement.If an Edusity Mark appears on your website, document, or other material, add the following attribution statement that identifies the trademark owner:
“Edusity is a registered trademarks of 11326953 Canada Inc.. All Rights Reserved.”
The statement must be in a legible font and size at the bottom of your website or the end of your advertisement or publication. If you are using only one or two Edusity Marks, you may shorten the statement to list only those Marks in use. Additionally, any use of the Edusity logos on a website must include a live link to the Edusity websites.
Use Edusity Marks only as adjectives.Trademarks are adjectives, and an Edusity Mark should be used only to describe the Edusity website, products, or services to which the trademark applies.
Use Edusity Marks less prominently than your own.Except where otherwise expressly permitted by Edusity, any use of an Edusity Mark must appear less prominent than your own product or service name.
Do not change the spelling or appearance of any Edusity Marks.Do not abbreviate, hyphenate, create acronyms; change the spelling, capitalization, or appearance; add or delete any words or spacing; change any color or proportion; or otherwise modify the logo or design of an Edusity Mark in any way. Only use an approved logo rendition as provided by Edusity.
Do not use or register a domain name with any Edusity Marks.Your domain names may not include any Edusity Marks or other words that are confusingly similar to an Edusity Mark. Examples of unacceptable domains include:
Do not use any Edusity Marks as your own.You may not use, incorporate, combine, or register in whole or in part any Edusity Mark - or any word or design that is confusingly similar to an Edusity Mark - as part of (or with) your own company names, trade names, trademarks, service marks, or logos; your product or service brand names or titles for sales reps or other staff; your internet keywords or metatags; or your trigger words to lead to a website or other Internet destination, product, business, or service.
Do not imply any Edusity endorsement or sponsorship.Without the express prior written consent of Edusity, you may not use any Edusity Marks to imply an affiliation with Edusity or any approval, sponsorship, or endorsement by Edusity of your company, website, products, or services.
Do not use Edusity Marks in any way that damages Edusity.You may not use Edusity Marks in a manner that disparages Edusity, its products or services, or the Edusity community or damages Edusity’s brand integrity, including use of any Edusity Marks in a manner that is offensive, defamatory, illegal, or unethical.
The above specifications are not a comprehensive list of approved or unauthorized uses of Edusity Marks. If Edusity determines at any time, in its sole discretion, that your use of any Edusity Mark violates this Policy, any trademark guidelines or is otherwise unacceptable or detrimental, Edusity may revoke permission, and you must immediately cease all use of the Edusity Mark.